Monday, January 3, 2011

Washcloths!

As I was preparing to go back to work today after being off work the last two weeks (gotta use up the rest of that vacation time!) I realized I had two more little Christmas gifts to finish up for my co-workers...

Washcloths!

These are fun little fast projects with such a simple pattern, one can keep going and going without continually having to stop to check the pattern.  I folded each one in half, wrapped it around a bar of soap, and tied with a pretty ribbon. Thanks to Yvonne for the idea, and for the pattern!


Dishrag Pattern for Beginners


REQUIREMENTS

   1 ball of knit worsted weight cotton (Sugar N’ Cream) 50 gm size

   Size 9 to 10 1/2 needles

DIRECTIONS

Cast on 4 sts.
Row 1: Knit one row.
Row 2: K2, YO, knit to the end of the row.
Repeat row 2 until there are 40 sts (for dish scrubber) or 50 sts (for face-cloth).
Next row: K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit to the end of the row.
Continue decreasing until 4 sts left.
Cast off.

Then I just crochet around the dish rag with a different color....just to add a little something-something!

No comments:

Post a Comment