Thursday, January 13, 2011

Look what I got in the mail yesterday!



Yep, it's a ball winder. So last night I had to sit and wind some of my partial skeins that were used enough to now be "floppy" and thus were worth re-winding.

Over the past few days, I began work on the red earflapper hat Aidan has requested. He wants a certain popular sports logo as the design, so after having him draw it on graph paper and translating it into x's, I knit a swatch. Yep, not my favorite thing to do as I seldom see a direct relation to the final product. I'm really trying to turn a new leaf however, so it seemed a prudent thing to do.


I think it turned out pretty well, and it was decidedly worth doing a swatch. The "I" turned out too heavy so it'll be easy to make that adjustment in the hat itself.

As of tonight, I've made this much progress:


But... I may rather go wind more yarn balls...   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment