Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last night I had the bug to knit up a little heart. So I took some of the remainder of the red cotton yarn and worked this up, based on a pattern I found online, but changed the shape a little to make it wider than they showed. I added a thin silver cord for a hanging loop and a turquoise shell that came off a necklace (there were shells all across the necklace and when one broke off one side, I removed the one on the opposite side so I could keep wearing it and would still be even. Yes, I'm a little "Monk-like" that way. I like things even.)



I'm fastening it onto a purple index card with a safety pin as a birthday card for my sister Sylvia whose birthday was yesterday and now all I have to do is wrap her gift with this card and get it down to the post office! I did alert her on facebook she'd probably get it next week. 

After that I did cast on for Caitlin's hat, getting the first earflap complete in this yummy purple color. It is worked in garter stitch.


Oh. I just noticed that the camera is not capturing the actual color. Well, this will just have to do until later... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment